1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blowers; good brands to use

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TUCCI L&L, May 18, 2001.

1. TUCCI L&L

TUCCI L&L LawnSite Member

I am going to purchase a new blower soon. I am looking at a kawasaki
    KRB400B. Any suggestions are appreciated.
  2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Shindaiwa EB630 or Redmax EB7000 :)
  3. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

I have a Maruyama which I beleive is made by Kawi. No complaints. Starts easy every time and will blow the crome off of a trailer hitch.

Just kidding about the crome.
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

STIHL. enough said
  5. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

:cool: Stihl BR400...only way to blow!
  6. greenisgold

greenisgold LawnSite Member

i've got 2 stihl br400 that i've had for 5 years each and have had no problems or trouble out of either one. used in very dusty chicken house environment with great success. i have tested the redmax eb7000 unit and it seems to have way more power so that will be my next purchase when i run over my stihl. guys on here love the redmax blowers maybe you want to do a search.
  7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We have had good luck with Shindaiwa and Redmax. Both are good blowers.
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I like my Stihl. I've never had one single problem out of it.
  9. i have a stihl br400? they just came out with a br420. i also have an older redmax. the low end model. while it has a lot less power than the stihl it is probably the best back pack blower i have ever seen. my stihl keeps falling apart on me. last things to happen were the spark plug cap came off and the tube came off, other things have been hard starting, constant flooding, um, pieces coming off, etc. i think if i get another one this year it will be from shindiawa or redmax. i really like their products. for the chain saws i will only use stihl though. just the back pack blowers, trimmers, etc i will use the shindiawas. p.s. i beat up on my machines real bad.
  10. swn

swn LawnSite Member

I use stihl br 400 and have had good luck:)