Blowers Need one now!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Dec 26, 2006.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

My echo has a fuel leak problem and don't have time to mess with it. I like it as a back up but I now have a good excuse to get a new blower. I really want a redmax and like the 8001. I have never used one but have used the eb7001. It was a little uncomfortable but had some good power. The dealers sell the 7001 for close to the price of the 8001 online. Is the 8001 the way to go? Texasmowparts, and nashville mowers, on ebay have the 8001 for 475 w/ 27.98 shipping, and 495 w/ free shipping. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed.

2. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Echo PB- 755 is the best. It was my best purchcase of the year. Plenty of power for leaves and it also it built extremely well.

3. DOLMARatOS

DOLMARatOS LawnSite Member

The RedMax is a great unit. Very well built with lots of airflow. Shafting the local dealer might save you money.

The problem is that RedMax is getting picky about not shipping new units. Just like Dolmar and Stihl. The local dealer does not have to service your unit under warranty nor does ReMax have to cover any warranty on a unit that was not sold under their dealer agreement. The one I signed says that the unit must be set-up, run, and the customer shown all features of operation for the warranty to be valid.

my $0.02

4. S man

Thanks but I want a redmax.

5. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

This debate has been beat to death, but I suggest you visit your local lawnmower shops and ask to demo a Stihl BR 600 and the Redmax 8001 and then decide which one you want. I think you may decide you don't want the redmax after trying both out in person. I paid 399$ out the door from a dealer for my BR600 and I have been extremely satisfied.

6. brosko

brosko LawnSite Member

the echo pb 755 h is the way to go. i have to admit that the redmax blowers are or appear to be built with slightly better quality materials, but everthing always vibrates loose and they add extra weight where it is not needed and they arent designed that well. echo makes the most of the materials they use to build thir units. everything on the pb 755 is just as good as it has to be, they last a long time with no problems, and nothing ever comes loose. my only problem with the echo is that the throttle lever assembly could be a bit better designed.

7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

My dealer is trying to sell me on the Redmax....they are the only guys in town (that I know of) that even carry parts/work on these things..

Also, I dont see alot of them around...they dont look as well made as Shindaiwa, Echo or even Stihl.

But the guys who have them say they move some air...

8. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Brosko
    You are only down the road from me aways. I live in riverhead. WHat is your company name?

9. H. Yardworks

H. Yardworks LawnSite Member

If you are choosing between a 7001 and a 8001 I would get the 7001. I have 3 of the 7001 and bought a 8001 last year and was not impressed. Not enough increase in power/blowing to justify more weight. All my guys grab the 7001's. I also prefer the left handed throttle verses the trigger on the blow tube. I have had issues with the trigger lock for starting. No problems with the left handed throttle. Redmax is a great blower. I still have both my eb6000's from 98 and they both run great. Just use them for back up and big jobs when we need more then four blowers at once. You would not regret getting a redmax 7001.

10. S man

Well I over reacted anyway. My dealer fixed it. It was the fuel line coming loose. It just had to be pulled up. No problem. But I still want another blower soon. They don't have the 8001 in my area yet and the 8000 is big enough and was not recommened for me. I'm still thinking on what to get. The 7001 is what I might end up with.