Blowers stihl or redmax

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by biggie, Oct 13, 2008.

1. lawn crafters

lawn crafters LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

a redmax 8001 starts alot easier then a echo. beleive me. i have bothbrands.
    the redmax is 1pound lighter then the 755 echo. it blows alot more air.
  2. mowzilla

mowzilla LawnSite Member

i have used stihl's br320, br320 magnum, br420 magnum, shindaiwa eb501, and i currently own a eb4300 redmax. redmax is my personal favorite.. most power and reliability for money, and there are beginning to be more and more redmax dealers around my part of town, but are more stihl dealers. stihl is great too, as with redmax will take many years of abuse, however i would avoid the 4mix blowers, seem to break a lot from what my mechanic says. i would buy either. but never shindaiwa. i use a truckload of shindaiwa stuff at day job (yep day and night job is landscaping) and very disappointed. have a lot of running issues with shindaiwa. always broke. also, husqvarna is a good choice too. the 165/185 bt is on par with stihl and redmax. so as to not step on any toes, will keep shindaiwa comments to self ( for record using two t261's, three eb501's, and the ae261 shears at day job..stihl hl100 shears as well--they are the best!)
  3. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

EZ8001 tried them all at GIE show in Louisville every year for past 3 years. Red Max by FAR was the most powerful - I own two!
  4. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

REDMAX!!! any day!!!