Blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MartinsMowing, Dec 26, 2006.

1. MartinsMowing

MartinsMowing LawnSite Member

Anyone own a br 550 and an ebz7000. Ive used the 7000 for 2 years...one being 6 years old and the other brand new 3/4 the way through this season. I was wondering what you guys think about the two blowers. I just used a brand new br550 on some damp leaves and i wasent too impressed. Its light, quiet and free of vibration, but seems to lack power and debris movement compared to RM. It doesent seem to rev very high...is this because of the 4 mix thing? also theres some things i dont like...everything being enclosed by the plastic, has a odd gas cap(i feel like im going to break it). I think i like the hip throttle better but thats not a big issue. Havent taken a look under the cover or the air filter but RM seems like it would have better filtration and the thumb screws to remove the cleaner is easyer and faster.

So the deal is:
    I got the br550 for chirstmas

1) keep it and see how i like it...i could always buy the redmax for 2008 season

or

2) Take it back and get the Redmax 7000 (not sure on return policy though, my dad got the blower for me)

2. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Take it back and get the Br600 :weightlifter: :drinkup:

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I'll second this. but the redmax is not a bad blower??? Its a hard choice

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

The heavy blowers will break your back 6 to 7 month's of peak season it is dry and small back packs do okay mowing 15 properties a day the back packs get heavy.

5. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I'll third this, I've test drove the 500 550 and the 600 and there is a difference in quality between the 550 and 600, a big differene.

6. MartinsMowing

any more thoughts?

Its a tough decision, how much more is the br600? On their websites it says that the redmax 7000 is putting out almost 200 more cfm than the br550. and i wasent to impressed with how it moved the leaves...it just seemed weak to the RM 7000 that i have been using. This is for everyday mowing so im not sure how much more it would weigh to get the 600/8000. Im not a big guy either...im 5'7 and 125 ish pounds. The 7000 never seemed to be too heavy for everyday use, i dont think i want to go any bigger though. Depends on how much difference price wise also.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Try both on your back.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Just a suggestion maybe, Use the 550 through out the year for blowing sidewalks and drives and take some of the wear and tear off the 7000 and save the 7000 for fall work.

wayne

9. MartinsMowing

sorry for the mix up...i dont own the 7000 my boss does..i have worked for her for the last 2 years...and for myself for 6 years(since 2000)

This blower will be used through the mowing season and for fall cleanups. I might buy another RM 7000/8000 or br600?....for cleanups but i will only know if i want to do that(financialy) when it comes time for the leaves to fall. I guess this could be a great backup or second blower if i get another back to put it on if i decide to keep it and buy the RM later on

10. MartinsMowing

hmmm...according to the stihl website, the br600 is actualy lighter. does anyone know the actual cfm on the RM units...they list it but they dont specify with or with out tubes. I would think that is with the tubes, what would be the purpose to measure without them? seems kinda pointless unless you are going to shorten the tube?