1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pacific Nursery, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Pacific Nursery

Pacific Nursery LawnSite Member

After reading the thread started by groundsguy1970, I thought I'd ask about b/p blowers.
    I've heard shindawa are powerful but major expense. LGF says Red Max 6200/7000, expensive?
    I run an old lesco b/p, a stihl b/p, and a stihl 85 h/h. The h/h is surprisingly powerful but the stihl b/p is hard to start, and the vibration springs are prone to breaking.
    What do you guys reccomend as my next blower.
    I will also be getting a w/b next fall. Billy Goat, Little Wonder? What size, 5hp or more? We have lots of hills (not slopes, hills) out here.
  2. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I would go with the billy goat with the honda motor.
  3. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

Ive looked around and SHin and Redmax have the best blowers on the market as far as backpacks go. I run the eb 62oo and i have not a complaint. I just purchased a Littlewonder with an 8h Briggs intec on her. It was 742 out the door. For as much as it will get used I opted not to spend the extra 3 bills for the honda engine. Redmax eb 7000 is going for around 475. CHeck out alamia.com for the best prices
  4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Stihl, RedMax, Shindiawa and Echo 650 are all great blowers.

~Can't go wrong with any, but get the biggest of any make.

If you've got a lot of hills, the WB blower for you is the Little Wonder 5 or 6hp. They blow faster (little less CFM) as other 8hp blowers and are WAY lighter and easier to handle.

5 hp Little Wonder is only $425.00
  5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i think you should go with the stihl br400, and the little wonder 8 hp briggs. this is just my opinion of course.
  6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I've read where everyone says to get the 8 hp walk behinds...........................for parking lots wouldn't the less expensive and lighter 5 hp do just as well? Would it be better than a backpack?
  7. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl 400 Stihl 400 Stihl 400
  8. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Last week I used my friends w/b blower. It was a Lesco with a 16hp Kaw motor and it also has hydraulic drive for forward and reverse. It was very powerful and easy to operate seeing as how it was self-propelled. I don’t have any idea how much they cost.
  9. Your old Lesco is an Echo.

Red Max EB7000, the even have A/C for your back.

Little Wonder w/ Honda
  10. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

that lesco walkbehind someone said is an echo that is not true. echo made lescos 2 cycle equipment not the walk behinds. i would go with a few stihl br400s if you want easy throttle changes (in my opinion it is much easier for throtle control on the tube than on the left of the blower) and the stihls are lighter than other bps. i would also take a look at the newer billygoats with the hand deflected wind spout. i have a 10 hsp and i can clear down 20 ft hills by stayin at the top and deflecting air strait downward and they are lighter and quieter than other brands that i have used including lesco, giant vac and little wonder.