blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bryan Wilson, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Bryan Wilson

Bryan Wilson LawnSite Member

Vancouver, BC radio cknw 980 will be discussing the leaf blower noise debate at 12:30PM pacific standard time. HOST: Peter Warren.

http://www.cknw.com

2. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Bryan,

How are contractors and homeowners viewing and dealing with the blower ban in Vancouver? Looks like we have one coming to Toronto in the new year as well?

3. casey

casey Guest

Here is a copy of the letter Joe sent me from Landcape Ontario. They want us to pass this on to our customers to try & prevent the ban.
    Unfortunately this is a futile attempt as, in my opinion, the lobby group supporting the ban, which consists of rich azz housewives looking for a cause, will undoubtably prevail over an uncaring public.

Attached Files:

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

casey,

This is exactly what I told you to do almost a month ago. If you got off your lazy a$$ and left your PC for 5 minutes and got on this back when, you may have had a chance. But since you waited til the last minute and convinced yourself nothing can be done, as a "feeling sorry for you consolation prize" I will express mail to you a whisk broom and dust pan to help your future endeavors.

5. casey

casey Guest

Bill,
    I am hoping my intimate familiarity with many rich azz houswives will help dissuade them from their cause.
    But, I will hand out this poorly worded letter to my customers, although I think it remote any of them will contact their elected officials. I may rewrite the letter, as its blandness will unlikely create even a mild stir.