Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GCS LawnService, May 1, 2002.

1. GCS LawnService

GCS LawnService LawnSite Member

I have been looking at blowers and can not decide on which one to buy. I have found hand-helds that put as much cfm's and windspeed as some of the backpack blowers. I definately like using the hand held ECHO that I have now but Stihl seems to have it going in the right direction with their BG85 @ $185.00. I have also considered the John Deere BP50 @ $399.00. Thanks in advance for the opinions. :cool:
  2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

If you're willing to spend $500 on a blower, buy a good one! You might have to clean up leaves or something with one. I never planned on doing a whole lot of leaves or anything big with my blower and I'm glad that I bought a larger BP instead of an Echo PB 260L- Don't think it would have been enough to do large amounts of leaves. Get as big as you can within your buget.
  3. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

I have the BG 85 as well as the BR400 and i perfer the BG85 it is easier to use and have found few things that is does not do as well as the backpack, and it is hal the price, yes in some instancees you would rather have the back pack but personally have had more problems with the backpack, i hear a lot of people on this site advising to spend as much as possible and get the best b ut i feel get what you need maybe a little more but do not go into debt, to make a long story short the BG85 is a really good blower
    AK Lawn
  4. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

We run Shindaiwa eb 630's. A little pricey at $469.00 but they well do just about anything you need.
  5. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

Go with the shindaiwa eb630.
    i blew up a bg65 stihl blower last time i will buy one of them. It needed a new carbuertar <to early to spell right sorry) after a season. I said forget this and bought the shindaiwa handheld be happy every since.
  6. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

JD BP50 is a great blower, You will not be dissapointed in it