1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Nov 27, 2002.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just thinking have any of you purchased a backpack blower (new) for $300.00 or less?
  2. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

better question for the commercial forum

and remember, like every other answer you've got-spend a little more to get quality.

3. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Buy the biggest blower you can find and afford, you will be glad you did. Redmax is the best IMHO.
  4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, I took the plunge and bought me a eb7000 and have not regetted it yet. This blower is "JUST AWESOME".

After I first started, the commerecial blower started to act up, so I went to home cheepo and got a backpack blower for 125.00 I think. This had to be the worst decision that I made.
    Again get the biggest commerecial blower you can afford, you will not regret it.MHO
  5. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

These guys are right buy the best you can afford. Time=Money thats all I say while my echo pb-650 is blowing 4 times as hard as my old handheld chepo!
  6. nhasenfus69

nhasenfus69 LawnSite Member
    from mass

I am getting a Redmax EB7001 on Tuesday when my dealer come back from vacation. I've heard really good things about the 7000 and the 7001 has more nut to it.

7. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

ordered my new redmax eb7000 yesterday and cant wait to get it on monday
  8. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Redmax 7001 from Captain Devo, here on Lawnsite.

It's said to be the strongest blower on the market.

Some may argue it's not.. Ok. so it's definatly in the top 2 or 3 according to EVERYONE..

Why spend "under $300" once say... $250 only to find it's inadequate and then spend $450 AGAIN to get a real blower... That's spending $700 when you could spend $450 once..

Don't have the money? Wait till spring.. It will pay for itself next year in effeciency.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Well to answer the question, yes I have. I use Poulan Pro backpack blowers that I bought new on ebay for about $225 with shipping.

So far I have NO complaints for the money. I bought the first one about quarter of the way into last season (2001). Liked it enough to get another one the beginning of this season.

I've never used another brand so I can't compare it to anything, but it does what I need it to. I'm sure it's not the most powerful, but 95% of the time I'm just blowing grass off the sidewalk, not blowing bricks so..........

My first blower was a handheld Shindaiwa. I pretty much never use this anymore. The backpacks are much more powerful.

So in conclusion, if you're looking for your first backpack blower and don't have a lot of money to spend, give the Poulan Pro a try.
  10. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

i have to disagree, for the reasons dooligh listed.

if the extra $250 is make or break in anyones biz then backpack blowers is the least of their problems.

the increase one would see in efficiency anmd longevity would be made up in about 3 weeks of spring clean ups.