Blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tender, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Turf Tender

Turf Tender LawnSite Member

Hi, Everyone! I'm another FNG that you will have to deal with:blush: Anyway, I'm just starting out in business and need to buy a blower. I read all posts dealing with blowers and think I will be getting a RedMax. My question is to all you guys that use these things: is there any advantage/disadvantage or anything else I should know about having the throttle on the tube or on the left side? Thanks

2. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

My guys prefer it on the left like the RedMax. Why I don't know, they just do.

3. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

I like the throttle on the tube, it keeps my right hand free.JMO

4. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Red Max 7001 R. Why you would not want it on the tube someone needs to let me know. When blowing out planting beds, we run the speed low as too not blow mulch and then high seed to get it out to an open area, and then slow again. Why would I want to use two hands for this? I do have all my fingers on my right hand.

5. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the ECHO hand blowers, they are light , powerful and easy to work on but ill never get rid of my Sthil BR 400 BP blower

6. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I prefer a handheld. It seems to me that a "strap-on" (err, "Backpack") would be overkilll on my small residential properties. I bet they are great for big properties.

7. Id go backpack...the power is well worth the price difference..fall clean ups a backpack saves tons of time..you can blow shrubs..beds out easier..and when it rains and you get grass clippings on drives the extra power comes in handy

8. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes i can do without my backpack but it sure seems to go a heckuva lot faster with it

9. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

We had a Husqvarna with the throttle on the frame. I returned it. It is MUCH easier with it on the tube. I don't know why they even make frame mounted throttles.

10. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax!!

dsc00054a.jpg