1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by indian, Feb 28, 2005.

1. indian

indian LawnSite Member

I am looking at blowers. I am a homeowner witha slightly oversized lawn. Which brand and size of blower should I get? I would like to spend no more than $400. I have looked at echo and stihl. What other considerations should I have? Thanks for all opinions/comments/expertise and criticisms.
  2. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

If I were you I would seriously consider a Stihl Br 420. Its right in your price range and would be more than powerful for your application. Definately go backpack, they are so much more comfortable and have more power. They are good blowers, I have two. Good Luck :waving:
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

If you have a stihl dealer in your area I recommend them, Stihl may not be the most powerful but they are very dependable and as Vadeere mentioned the br420 should do fine. I use mainly stihl products and Im very satisfied with them

CUTNTIME LawnSite Member

backpack is the way to go.shindiawa is another product you should look in to.many people i know have just switched to them for more power.be sure you look at all your options before you buy.good luck.
  5. sda1416

sda1416 LawnSite Member

Look at the Redmax 7001, priced around $410, but a whole lot more bang for the buck.
  6. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

The echo blowers at home depot will do well I have used them commercially with no problems
  7. indian

indian LawnSite Member

Guys I ended up with the echo pb-603. Got it for $349. It does a great job.