1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

blowing off sidewalks-chemlawn

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by hustlers, Apr 27, 2003.

1. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I just filed a complaint for the 3rd straight year.

I am sick and tired of the biggest LCO in the world
    (NO NAMES) not blowing off the driveways after
    they cover them with the spring 46.0.0 quick green up app
    or whatever app it is.

I mow the yards and have 3 times burned the yards after I mow
    because I blow the debris (always) off the driveways and back into the lawns.

They have 6 times applied products to lawns they were not contracted to do and never blow off the driveways and dont
    know what to do now. I even called them personally and complained and explained I care about the environment
  2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Keep calling them, squeaky wheel gets the grease.
  3. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

The great majority of fertilizing services (big and small) around me don't blow off drives/walks. This has always been a pet peeve of mine. Back when I used to do fertilizing, we always cleaned up after we applied. When possible, I point it out to the customer.
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

In ohio, it is a viotion that is punishable by a fine. See about turning them into your state agency.
  5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

huslers, do you have any pics of these burned lawns? They must be putting down a lot of N to burn that much, is it that noticable when you blow it off the driveways? I do a couple of lawns in town and they have damage from salt. I have seen people put large amounts of urea down and never seen any burning.
  6. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Last year on about lawns they applied a spring
    46.0.0 green up on my lawns, they were not even
    authorized to do them, there services were cancelled yet
    they kept doing them and i hope they didnt get paid.

The other ones had so much on the driveway I blew it all to the edge of the grass which burned quite nicely-----dead grass

I lost the whole job mowing and fertilizing because chemlawn told the customer it was roundup that i applied cause they tested it.... big fat lie
  7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

hustlers, that's gotta suck. Next time it happens I think I would take pictures to show to the customer to cover my aze.
  8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I will not mow a lawn they do, period. They did a lawn beside one of mine, you could skate on the fert they left on the sidewalk. I think if you called them and filed a claim stating injury from a fall after slipping on their fert you may get their attention a little faster and make a few bucks in the process. :D