blown hydro pump

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1stclasslawns, Aug 29, 2001.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Well, just to let you know at, 399.3 hours on my Great Dane Chariot .I noticed some oil underneath, it was coming from the top of right hydro pump. Took it to the dealer, part is on its way My dealer is going to take the old one off in the AM, so he can put the new one right on. Can you ask for more then that?

Question though, it is the top bearing that went in the pump so could that have possably gotten metal shavings in the wheel moter?

Jim

2. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

you must have a good dealer.
    mine would take weeks and blame it on great danes parts dept..

3. 1stclasslawns

rdh, my dealer called the distributer as I was turning around at the side of his shop. I think the bottom lnie is the dist. and my dealer, wants to sell mowers and the better service they give me the better I'll talk them up. Its not just me but he works his butt off for everybody..

My dealer is Allen Campbell of Campbell & Son and the Distributer is Smiths South Central.

Jim

4. 1stclasslawns

Well its 4:25 pm the next day after blowing a hydro pump on the G D. My dealer called and I'm ready to go!!!!!!

Ive got to hand it to Allen Campbell (my dealer) and to the guys at Smiths South Central they shipped the part yesterday and I'm ready to go today!

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!

This is where the service end counts. Forget those discount places and get a good dealer!

Jim:blob4: :blob3: :blob4: :blob1:

5. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

thats great
    my dealer had my chariot for over 6 weeks because when they deliverd it new the brake cable was broke .well to make a long story short they did the head casket and new brakes and hubs and i got a bill for over $900. and at the bottum of it said amount owed $0.00 i think thay pulled one over on great dane. the mower ran fine be fore it was taken back to them and i couldnt tell that a wrench had even been on my mower. i beleave i got 5 lug nuts and a brake cable this mower was around 30 hrs old.