Blown Kohler....what to do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tbarchaser, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Posted earlier
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50989

Well... The Kohler rep had a look at my blown 15 command pro today and stated ( Kohler will not warranty this motor, due to lack of oil)

Could everyone that has had a problem with a Kohler 15 please respond with detailed info of the incident. I need to have my guns loaded when I talk with them, or Toro directly.

Thanks in advance

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I would get in touch with your Toro rep he has a lot of pull with Kohler because Toro buys 1000s of Kohlers.

3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

buy a KAWASAKI

4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Why are you talking with a Kohler rep?

You should be dealing with the equipment shop that sold it to you.

Do you use the same shop for all your needs?

I use one shop. Been doing business with them for I dunno 15 years and we have been through some chit together. I get anything I need when I need it. No waiting. Warranty............no questions asked. I have actualy blown motors cause the men forgot to put oil in after draining it. (sometimes happens when we don't have enough and wait till morning but forget) And had them warrantied.

5. Tbarchaser

from Florida

I'm working with the dealer I bought it from and he is the only shop I deal with. He said Kohler had to send a rep to authorize the replacement. She said it was from running it dry...which is B/S... Should I just go to the Fla dist for toro (wescoturf). Or go to toro Corp...or Kohler? Or...should my dealer stand up to bat for me?

6. Tbarchaser

from Florida

ffemt1271 I will take your advice!

Also anyone buy a full motor online anywhere...like a 12.5 Kaw.
    I would like to swap it out while I am battling with kohler/toro, I do need the machine and the down time will cost me 5 hrs a week. Then I will just e-bay the kohler if I get a new one.

And no...I don't think meg-mo blades will help me here.

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

OK, I don't see that either of the two above links has the 12.5 Kawi at a quick glance. The latest little Russo's catalog I got a month and half ago or so shows the FB460V-S14 12.5 for $475. Says it fits most intermediate mowers. I would try to find out what the spec number is on a Toro equipped with a Kawi first. Of course I think Russo's is a Toro dealer, so they may be able to help you. There # is 877-367-8776. There website isn't much to look at (trust me) , but it's www.russopower.com

9. Tbarchaser

from Florida

12.5 kaw

J thomas is $688
    Small engine warehouse...does not carry kaw 12.5
    Jacks does not carry ANY kaw
    rpcw $700.00

I thought a 12.5 would be cheaper than that

10. Tbarchaser

from Florida

Keith...Thanks
    I found it on there for 499.99

My toro is really a exmark...so it will fit.

I think 500 is worth buying a kaw and filling up the old Kohler with dog crap and shipping it to Prez of the company.