blowout baffle

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by NEWTRACK1, Jun 15, 2008.

1. NEWTRACK1

NEWTRACK1 LawnSite Member

i am a little confused i have the old style 27/60 with the blowout baffle and fusion blades but i have to scrape the bottom of the deck often . so this week i removed the blowout baffle and the deck dont choke up near as much ,any thoughts on this issue.:usflag:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

In wet conditions or damp I would not run the blow out baffle.
    It is more of a item you would use in dry conditions or mulching or catching.

Pj

3. browng

browng LawnSite Member

I have the FTSD 48" with mulch kit and flex forks, the blowout from the front of the deck will cover you with debris in no time. I have read in other posts about a blowout kit that will reduce the amount of blowout significantly, is there a blowout kit for my mower? I don't have the serial number but it was made in May 2008, I just took delivery last week.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

As far as I know there is not a blow out kit for your mower, I will double check though.
    Are you using the wavy mulching blades or the stock blades?

5. browng

browng LawnSite Member

I have the stock blades.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You need to run the wavy mulching blades, this is a big part of your blowout.
    They are part # 796623
    I have confirmed that there is not a blow out kit for your unit.

Pj

7. browng

browng LawnSite Member

I'll try them. Is there a place to purchase them online? My dealer is an hour away.

Thanks!

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No that I am aware of.
    Call your dealer and have them UPS them to you, this way you can save some expensive gas and your time.

Pj