Blowout Baffles

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Fareway Lawncare, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Hello eXmark,

Any idea if the blow-out baffles for 32", 36", 48" decks will be avail. before mid April?

Thank You

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Fareway,

All I know for sure is that the plan is to have them available before the spring cutting begins.

I'll try to get a more accurate timeline as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Terry

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

spring has sprung

4. eXmark

Guys,

There's been a bit of a change in regards to the anti-blow out baffles. After several months of testing with a few different configurations we've decided that due to the varied conditions through out the U.S. and Canada we would introduce a 2nd baffle type.

In our testing a second baffle called a "lip" baffle performed very well in many of the southern grasses. The "anti-blow out" baffle actually performed better on the northern grasses especially in dry conditions such as fall and during leaf removal season. For this reason we moved the "lip" baffle into production ahead of the anti-blow out baffle. This allows us to get the baffles needed down south to market where it may be utilized sooner.

The part numbers for the lip baffles are:

103-5601 36.50 36"
    103-5282 39.90 44"
    103-4629 40.60 48"
    103-4626 48.60 52"
    103-4606 56.00 60" except 60" Lazer XP
    103-5239 46.00 60" XP
    103-4621 64.30 72"

The "anti-blow out" baffle production has been pushed back until some time in June which should be well ahead of the dry season for the northern grass climates.

The reports we received in testing indicate that the "lip" baffle helped reduce blow out in the southern climates while bagging, side discharging and mulching.

I've attached a drawing of the baffle and how it mounts to the mower deck.

Thanks,

Terry

lipbaffle.png

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

will it help stop the leaves from blowing out on the right side? what will the other baffle look like

6. eXmark

Promo,

Both baffles will help with leaves. The "lip" baffle is pictured above and the "anti-blow out" baffle will simply lower the bottom edge of the flow control baffle (std. on all current decks) by about 1/2".

Thanks,

Terry

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Terry, I only want these baffles for leaf blowout when bagging in Spring & mulching in Fall. Do not need tham on grass at all. What you're saying is it would be better to wait for the blowout baffle?

8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Terry does the "blow out baffle" effect the cut in any way?
    Tom

9. eXmark

Fareway,

I would agree. For your application in leaves at this time I'd recommend the "anti-blowout" baffle. For some of the guys farther south I'd be tempted to try the lip baffle in dry grass conditions.

Thanks,

Terry

10. eXmark

dishboy,

I think itÂ’s probably important to know what the baffle benefits and what it may hurt.

The baffle is great for thin sparse grass or in dry conditions and leaf clean up when dust and chasing leaves can be an issue. In these applications it will generally improve the quality of cut. In some cases rather significantly.

On the other hand Fred, who did most of the testing of the baffle, tells me that in thick lush lawns the baffle may actually hurt cut quality.

As long as you use the baffle as it is intended you should be in good shape.

Thanks,

Terry