Blowout on Lazer

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Mastercutz, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Mastercutz

Mastercutz LawnSite Member
    from TN

I have been reading some posts about the blowout on mowers, I am having the same trouble, can you tell me what the part number is for the baffle for a 60" Lazer is, my serial number is in the 140's. Also is the baffles similiar to the ones that come with the full mulching kit or are they shaped completely different.

Thanks,
    Brian

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mastercutz,

The part number for the baffle is 1-641260, lists for less than $35 and can be ordered through your local dealer.

The baffle basically lowers the baffle that is already under the front of your mower deck. This helps prevent turbulence and centrifugal force from releasing debris out the front of the mower deck.

Let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thanks

Terry

3. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

and will this baffle work on my hp with the mulch kit?? if it did i would really like it.

4. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I have been reading a lot of post about this baffle and have a question. I was wondering if this has any affect on the cut quality, good or bad? I was wondering because it has to change the way the air moves in order to keep everything under the deck. Thanks

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Bill Davis and Chariot,

The baffle will mount with the mulch kit in place.

From what we've seen there's been little to not change in quality of cut. Much of the feedback we've gotten from the field indicates this as well. In theory we would hope that in dryer conditions it could actually improve the cut.

We won't know for sure until all of the testing has been completed.

Thanks

Terry