Blowout with Gators

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Ever since I put Gators on my 48WB I have been having a problem with blowout from the front of the deck. Any suggestions?

2. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

what kind is it? i know atleast some of the newer scag walk bhinds have a baffle that runs along the front of it there are 3 bolts that hold it on, you can lower that down and i would think that would take care of your problem

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i have a question gay red cape wearer. if people pay you extra money, do you mow their lawn in that outfit?? ...you can try the baffle thing, i have run just gators before and have never had that happen on my Lesco.

4. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I have the same problem on my lazer z hp, and I have the front baffle that is adjustable, haven't moved it to see if would help yet but I think it would

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I don't have an adjustable baffle. I'll try to tinker with it and see if I can get the right combo of deck height, blade height and rake. Maybe that will stop it. I adjust a little and it isn't as bad, but it could be better.

It depends HOW MUCH more money if I would wear that outfit. Everything is for sale....even my dignity! :)

Actually, for those that don't know....that is not me in that pic. I don't know who it is. I found one day on the internet and thought it was funny as heck, so I had to use it.

6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

maybe there's too much sh*t built up on the underside of the deck? the only time that really happened to me is when i had the mulch plate on...i don't really remember any other occurrence.

- thats kind of disappointing! i really thought that was you! but i cant really say anything, id be out there like that if someone was going to pay me enough.