Blowout with new bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lynden-Jeff, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

I purchased a GIANTVAC fast vac for my 52" bobcat rider. I notice when im picking up leaves (what I bought it for) there is quite a bit of blow out at the front right inbetween the blower housing and the front right caster. Can anyone suggest why? I don't have any grass blowout but quite a bit of leaves blow out, enough it blows them on to the last pass of what I just cleared.

Cheers
    Jeff

2. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry man really off topic if you wouldnt mind would you tell me how much you paid for your bobcat 52" rider?

3. Lynden-Jeff

$9300 CDN with 19 HP kawi + canister air filter.

Cheers
    Jeff

4. Lynden-Jeff

No one has any suggestions?

5. LHLAWN

LHLAWN LawnSite Member

hey xoop, that was hapening to a friend of mine on a husky and he was missing a shield or somthing like that under the deck, he had to call the company to get it taken care of.

6. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Most company's make kit to install to prevent blowout. Also you might want to try a different blade option to prevent so much blowout. In some cases you might even try slowing the the rpm's down. I get alot of blowout with my Lazer Z HP. And that is with the kit installed. It is terrible. But the Deere and Full size lazer do not have much of a problem.

7. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

i would try high lift blades. i had the same problem with my old crapsman. thinking about getting bagger for my cub. you caN ALSO TRY LOWERING THE deck. or if they make them for that mower you could get maulching plates for under the deck.

8. Lynden-Jeff

Hey,

Currently using highlifts. I have one spaced above the blade, would recessing the blade further in to the deck help at all? How would mulching plates help, doesnt that defeat the purpose of a bagger lol? Also would cutting all the leaves first and then putting on the bagger and picking them up help?

Cheers
    Jeff

9. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Mulch kit would defeat the purpose. On a Bobcat it blocks off each blade in turn making each blade an individual mower...so the collector would only get whatever the discharge blade is cutting...

10. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you're bagging leaves,toss the high lifts,they cause an excessive amount of blowout, particularly at the bagger blower housing. Put on a gator type blade for bagging leaves.