Blowout

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kolar, Oct 17, 2003.

1. kolar

kolar LawnSite Member

Does my 2004 lazer HP 52" come with blowout baffles, also what type of blades does it have. Getting a little blowout.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Kolar,

The standard blades are the Notched air foil blades. The anti-blow out baffle is a separate baffle that attaches to the baffle that is already under your deck.

To reduce blow out you should have the dealer inspect the deck rake, deck idler (make sure there is now belt slippage) and engine rpm. The solid air foil blades (p/n 103-1579) and the anti-blow out baffle (p/n 1-611277) should help reduce blow out as well.

Thanks

Terry

3. eXmark

Kolar,

The standard blades are the Notched air foil blades. The anti-blow out baffle is a separate baffle that attaches to the baffle that is already under your deck.

To reduce blow out you should have the dealer inspect the deck rake, deck idler (make sure there is now belt slippage) and engine rpm. The solid air foil blades (p/n 103-1579) and the anti-blow out baffle (p/n 1-611277) should help reduce blow out as well.

Thanks

Terry

4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

We all need anti-blowout baffles. From 36" and up. There seems to be a concerted effort on exmarks behalf to accomodate the lazer z owners, while leaving the rest of us out in the cold. This is causing me great distress.

5. eXmark

Locotus,

Appearances can often be a little deceiving. Here's kinda how it works out in this case. But it’s really about demand.

Most of the guys that are bagging or side discharging in drier dustier conditions have gone to the solid airfoil blade or the low lift and the performance has been acceptable in most cases.

Let me know what height you’re wanting to cut, mulching, mulching, bagging or discharging and I'll let you know what deck set up I'd recommend.

Thanks

Terry

6. kolar

kolar LawnSite Member

3.5" to 4", standard blades, and bagging

7. eXmark

Kohler,

A couple of things. First you NEED the solid airfoil blades or the low lift. I'd go with the solids myself. Second if you’re using the UltraVac you'll need to double check the deck to blower belt to make sure it's not slipping. It probably is. There's a grease zerk on the idler arm pivot that most of us forget to grease. This allows the belt to slip which means the deck is moving more air than the blower and air is then forced out the front of the deck. Fixing the idler is no big deal but more than like the belt is shiny and glazed and will continue to slip until a new one is installed.

Next you need to make sure that you've got about 1/4" for rake. I could even go a little higher to maybe 3/8" but no more. At 1/2" if you get into any thick turf the deck can do some strange things.

Engine rpm should be 3600 on the HP's and 3750 on the Z's and must be set correctly if you want to eliminate the blow out.

Make sure the vent screen in the hopper is clean. If it's plugged blow out is guaranteed. You'll be surprised how many of us forget to check that one as well.

If you’re using the 3 bushel side catcher most of the above applies and you MUST make sure that the mesh is clean and the air flow through it is unrestricted.

Thanks

Terry

8. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

1/2"? Don't you mean 1/4"?

3/8 is less than 1/2 right?

9. eXmark

Thanks,

Phis

Terry