Blowouts are BORING!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by justgeorge, Oct 20, 2006.

1. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

Listening to the radio all day thru headsets is the only thing I have to help with the boredom. Plus the headsets cover the noise of the compressor.

Good thing blowouts are so lucrative!

George

2. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

I agree they do get boring. I'm tired of it after a couple weeks but I don't think I could stand to wear headsets. I'm always worried about something going wrong with the compressor and I need to hear it. ;)

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah i have to listen to what i got going on. But i agree they are boring.

4. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

agreed that they are boring
    agreed that they are worth it
    agreed that I like to hear the compressor.... I can tell if a zone in the backyard has a leak if I am in the front yard just by how hard the compressor is working

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yes they are boring. That's why I talk to myself! J/K. But I do use ear protection (not radio headset though) and can still here plenty of noise from the compressor if there are problems. Like when the gasket fitting blows from the compressor to the hose, or if valves aren't opening I can here it idleing, or if I'm hooked into the upper testcoc k and it's blowing air through the lower one (good way to find out if there is a problem in the PVB by the way).

The local guy advertising for $35 drove by me today. I just smiled and waved :waving:

6. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Thats why we train all of the blonde Ladys in the shop to do Blow-Outs...They are already GREAT at it. :cool2:

7. I don't think they are boring....I have plenty to do in between jobs...like go buy more 1/2 x 1/4 inch stuff because I left them at the last job 25 minutes away.....