blowouttttttssssssss

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by cuttin-to-the-Max, Sep 6, 2011.

?

One question! Do you guys blow the lines clear of all water or leave a little in?

Poll closed Jun 1, 2014.
  1. Crystal Clear!

38.9%
  2. Let it go til my cig is done

5.6%
  3. leave a little water in.

38.9%
  4. F*** it!

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I still remember a 12" Stream Rotor that blew with me standing in front of it with the remote. It came within inches of taking my jaw off!

2. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

You warranty is commendable. We dont get freeze damage at all (except for the above ground backflow valves) and we still do spring start ups and without fail something is always broken.

That is amazing customer service, just be careful not to put yourself out of business doing that. A lot of things break over the winter that isnt freeze damage.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The problem with guaranteeing against freeze damage, is that valves get mistakenly opened in the winter, and even when they aren't tampered with, ball valves can fail to be drip-tight when closed.

4. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

I thumped the heck out of my wood desk before typing.
    And I crossed my fingers and my legs........... so far..... so good other than the occasional nozzle or $2 head. Very occasional.

5. BPS##

from WY

I protect myself as much as I can.

The supply valve is shut, the ball valves at the back flow are shut and the
    test cocks are left open.
    I expect to get bit one day but until then my warranty brings me business.

6. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Got to love the guy that stands behind his work. You better be in good with the Man upstairs, or that might bite you hard in the future.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Does that mean you love me? :waving:

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Seems to me ,sonny,that your grandpappy told us, (after he beat the crap out of us and threw us in the outhouse), that you EARN love, it's not a given.

9. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I warentee blowouts as well. I have been toying with the idea of adding a lockable ball valve on just before the backflow on all my new installs. Then at winterization it would be locked to be sure it is not "accidentally" turned back on

10. BPS##

from WY

If I ever have a serious issue you can be sure that'll happen.

I've been trying to come up with a way of taping off or zip tying off the supply valve so that if that seal is broken in the spring the warranty is void.