1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

blue book value

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shaughnessylawn, Feb 3, 2005.

1. shaughnessylawn

shaughnessylawn LawnSite Member

Is there a web sit to find equipment Blue Book Value!!!!! I looked and could not find anything???for a bobcat skid steer
  2. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

You might want to try http://www.machinefinderads.com/ they have an appraisal link in the center of the page. I don't know how good it is, but if you use it let me know what you think.
  3. wrightlawn

wrightlawn LawnSite Member

i have never used kelly blue book for equipment prices but i know they are way off for car and truck prices. Try black book instead. i think it is a paid service though.
  4. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

call your county collectors office. They have books on every type of equiptment with accurate values, to figure your personal property tax.
  5. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Try your local dealer. My local dealer has a book that has used equipment prices. It prices the machines by the number of hours on it. The book is printed every 6 months or year, I dont remember which one. good luck

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

There is no personal property tax in Maryland except in special business circumstances. I know of no-one who pays them. Even if you qualify to pay them (which no-one does anyway) it's up to you to come up with the value. I actually tried to pay them one time and the state told me to go away. You know, that trying to be legal thing.
  7. shaughnessylawn

shaughnessylawn LawnSite Member

thanks ill try them rich when we all meeting up
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I was waiting to hear back from you. I didn't know whether or not you had read that posting. It has to be sometime this month. PM me your phone number and I'll call you.