blue book

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willretire@40, Aug 8, 2005.

1. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

Where can i find the value of a z mower online. Bluebook.com takes me to kbb.com and that is for auto. Thanks

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

There is a online Bluebook but it is so poor that I won't even give you the link because I don't knowingly give out bad advise. They tell you that they have your mower's value but they make you pay before you see it. Then all they have is the new retail price for 95% of mowers out there with no used value. Been there, been burned for 10 bucks. You're better off going on Ebay and seeing what they sell for and adding 25%.

3. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

Dunno if there is an actual book that is available for mower values. A good indicator is the market. Check ebay and look to see what comparable mowers are selling for. Note I say selling because prices with no bids and ending with the reserve not met are two different things. :rolleyes:

4. tarp5350

tarp5350 LawnSite Member

there is a book that you can buy online that costs 56.95 from www.ironsolutions.com that has the retail and loan and used values and it breaks down the serial numbers to what years it was made. it covers lawn tractors,garden tractors,zero turn mowers,front deckmowers,commercial walk behind mowers, compact tractors, utility tractors, and skid steer loaders. it covers all companies. mine is a 1999 book and i am going to get another book next spring when i buy my next mower. if you go to their web site ,click on where it says (click online appraisals) and it will take you to where you can but it and it gives you a sample of what the book will looks like.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

This is exactly the company I was talking about and this book along with the online appraisals is useless as teets on a bull. All this company does is report the new, used and trade-ins sales prices that the few dealers who report to them provide. But, it's your money, spend it as you see fit.