Blue max from menards..$100..looks the "same" as Remax g5000

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by borwicks, Dec 4, 2009.

1. borwicks

borwicks LawnSite Senior Member

I went to menards to pick up some saw chain and they had this saw for $100. marked down from $200..I would never buy a saw like this to do work. I bought it because it was $100 and looked just like my redmax g5000 which is a pro saw and outcuts my 026 pro. Here is the link to the pics. I ran 2 tanks of fuel threw it so far. MY thoughts. 20" bar may be a bit much. Im going to do a muffler mod and tune. Its no g5000 and i never assumed it would be but for $100 i had to see what i can do with it. Check out these pics. Amazing...http://picasaweb.google.com/borwicks/MyDocuments#

2. borwicks

I wonder how long it will hold up after i tune it to 12k....

3. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

dude those 2 saws look nothing alike....

4. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

why not get a stihl?

5. borwicks

yes they are look close. the mold lines are the same. the jug molds are the same. the main difference is the plastic air covers and pull start cover.

6. borwicks

did you read the first post. I have plenty of saws. Stihl, husqvarna, redmax. This was a trial saw, something to mess around with.

7. borwicks

to clarify. I would not buy this saw to earn a living with. That was never the point. I have plenty of worthy saws already. If you cant see that they are so close I may have to take closer pics or paint the blue one red.

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Those things are really close.

9. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

They really do look alike. Like you said there were the couple covers that were molded different, but not much. Paint it red and put a couple redmax stickers on it and you could sell it for more than you paid for it.

10. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

yup.........................