Blue max from menards..$100..looks the "same" as Remax g5000

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by borwicks, Dec 4, 2009.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Man who cares that those jackazz's cant see the similarities haha looks like for $100 and a few mods you can have a decent disposable saw.

That would be nice to have when working in poor conditions where you dont wanna use a good saw. Like say over water or near extra dirty conditions. If you drop it out of a tree no big deal lose a 100 bucks not $600-$1000.

2. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

i agree....and i can see the similarities too. similar "frame". and my thought would be that when "blue max" produced that saw, they were looking at and constructing it to be like the redmax. could be wrong, but i can see how u would have thought they looked like eachother. I have a husqvarna saw that was only a couple hundred bucks (1 little brush trim job payed for itself) and for the money its been badasss. its great havin a saw that u dont need to really care about...not afraid to beat the crap outta it and worry about it breakin and repairing. my next saw if i need one will be a stihl, but my husqy has been more than fine for the small to medium sized tree/brush work i do. cool post, its always fun to see products whether cheap or expensive put to the test!

3. borwicks

borwicks LawnSite Senior Member

saw is still running great. No problems. Im thinking about buying another one.

4. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

They kinda look alike.

5. morgaj1

morgaj1 LawnSite Senior Member

Were you ever able to tune it to 13,000rpm or so?

6. Milwaukee

Milwaukee LawnSite Member

Interested I was at Menard other day and I notice that blue max and I thought it look familiar but wasn't sure. Now you mentioned red max it does look almost exact.

Have question

Do you see EPA sticker on blue max and red max are they same or different.

How many hours you put on blue max.

7. borwicks

have not had time to mess with it. still use the crap out of it. Went and bought another one as well. I bought the display model for $50. Haven't paid attention to EPA sticker. All I know is it works just fine.

8. borwicks

UPDATE....saw still running like champ with no issues.

9. morgaj1

morgaj1 LawnSite Senior Member

How many tanks have you put through it?

10. borwicks

1 tank is around a hour. Its close to 40.
    Posted via Mobile Device