Blue Mountain Stone

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mbella, Mar 9, 2005.

1. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Have any of you guys used Blue Mountain imitation flagstone? I met with a customer today at one of my vendor's. She was going to choose between Nava stone and natural flagstone. However, she saw a display for the Blue Mountain imitation flagstone and she loved it.

It looks nice and is rated at 9000psi, but I'm curious how it holds color over time.

BTW, what is up with this weather? Two days ago, I was doing estimates in a T-shirt. Now, I just got in from salting/plowing.

2. old dog

old dog LawnSite Member

Never heard of it.I have used red/gray natural flagstone and it is not near as brittle
    as green flagstone.
    How about it with the weather!It has been that way all winter with more snow Friday.
    It is time to patch up th snowplow furrows,eh?

3. Updog

Updog LawnSite Member

Yeah whats up with the weather it was like 70 the other day now its dipping down into the 50s burrr.

4. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

mbella I saw you post negatively about Devonstone. I agree I didn't like it when I saw it first in a smal application, but it looked really good in EP HENRY"S display at the Phiily Garden show.

5. mbella

Vic, I don't know where you saw it the first time, but I saw it at MAHTS. There were two fairly large displays. All of the Devonstone that you have seen to date is being hand made. They are supposed to begin mass production in June. I'm waiting to see if the appearance changes.

6. bigviclbi

from nj

I first saw it at the Jersey Landscapers show, very small hastily set up exhibit. One suggestion is that you might want to use a dyed sand in between the stones to give it a more uniform look. Really not crazy about the way the regular sand looks between it. Didn't realize that it might change, very good point to bring up. Do they have a price set up for it? I have never done a flagstone patio before but I would not hesitate to work with this stuff.

7. mbella

Vic, I'm hearing that it will cost roughly $6.00 sq.ft. That makes it an even tougher sell.

8. bigviclbi

from nj

Especially when pavers installed go for that around here. God 1:00 am and I'm not tired and no estimates to write up, ThANK GOD I start working soon! :dizzy: :dizzy:

9. mbella

Big Vic, what do you guys do for base prep around there?