1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blue Print

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by michelle1181, Mar 1, 2008.

1. michelle1181

michelle1181 LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a good software program that they use for blue prints? We currently use an architect but would like to do them ourself but have no idea what program to use.
  2. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

Dynascape. I looked at others, but found it to be the best.
  3. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

AutoCAD. If you do a search, you'll see that this his been discussed a lot- might give you some more insights.
  4. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

yea... hard to say whats the best.. it really depends on what you are good at to acentuate the drawing.. If you have good hand rendering, using Autocad for the hard lines, dimensions, then drawing over is a great way... very profesional.. I dont like the look of a lot of the other 'landscape' programs personally
  5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we use autocad 2004
  6. Cantona

Cantona LawnSite Member

We use cad civil... before that we has cad lite....we just send the file to our print shop and they deliver blue prints 4 hours later...works well
  7. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

cantona- who do you use? I have some clients in the area and I'm always looking for the best place to send the files.
  8. Cantona

Cantona LawnSite Member

We use either a local company called either Bacson or Bascon I am not sure of the spelling. Like I said we send it right over and the bring it back to us. When we get plans for larger projects we always get them electronically and send them to be printed.. The advantages to the cad civil is we can do large cut and fills quickly and pull layers off the design and work on them independently and show the customers changes we made...or errors we see without effecting the overall design.
  9. Casey21

Casey21 LawnSite Member

We use Dynascape also. Its easy to learn and if you check in to it they offer class's around the country where it really speeds up your learning curve. We sent someone to it this winter and really helped get him going. Its easy to learn.