Blue Stone Stains

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by AllHardscaping, May 3, 2008.

1. AllHardscaping

AllHardscaping LawnSite Member

HAve any of you ever cleaned blue stone? I have a guy I am doing paver work for that has blue stone with some oil stains from a car. I am planning on removing it with a heated pressure washer. If that doesn't work I have the option of trying an oil remover like Techniseals product. Anybody have experience with this stuff on blue stone? I don't want to discolor it if its a sensitive material.

Anybody ever sealed blue stone with an invisible sealer like a siloxane? how did it work?

Thanks fo rthe help!
  2. Top Dog Pavers

Top Dog Pavers LawnSite Member

Try rubbing it with another piece of bluestone...if its a small stain it will take it right out!
  3. badassgrass

badassgrass LawnSite Member

1. \\\\\\\\\\
    2. I have blue stone patio and would never seal it. I have been one of this guys that believe that the stone needs breath. But to each to their own.
    I a=--]]]]]
  4. badassgrass

badassgrass LawnSite Member

okay that might have been a drunk statement. But I think it is right.. Okay I am going to not post anymore tonight.
  5. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

nah, but i agree, I would never seal stone, it does need to breathe...
  6. frumdig

frumdig LawnSite Member
    from nunya

do not put a pressure washer on blue stone... it will etch the stone a leave some nice lines from the center of your sprayer... seen it a few times, and from what i hear there isnt really a good fix for it... definately gonna have to try something with a brush and aggitate it...
  7. AllHardscaping

AllHardscaping LawnSite Member

I agree about natural stone and avoiding selaer. Its on a drive though and exposed to oil and other stains. A siloxane sealer is breathable.

Thanks for the feedback!