Bluebird Aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by nate1422, Mar 22, 2006.

1. nate1422

nate1422 LawnSite Member

Hi All,

A local dealer has a used Bluebird 36" towbehind aerator. The unit is 10 years old but the tines were replaced 2 years ago. They are asking $300, is this a good price? Unit seems to be in good condition, but this seems just a bit high.

2. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

Just make sure you demo it and that it pulls plugs. I had one that punched holes but wouldn't pull the plug. They were less than $900 new at that time.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Brand new like 10 years ago when I bought ours it was like 900 or 1000 bucks. 300 IMO is a pretty good deal.

4. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

sounds good to me . we use a turfco 42" and that was 1500 or so 5 years ago

5. nate1422

nate1422 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies and advice. I hope it is still there when I go back. Of course I will offer less $$ but if they don't budge, no big deal.

6. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

A related ???

What do you guy's pull theses with? ATV, Lawn tractor, your ZTR :confused:

The ATV would be fun to have, but the wife would divorce me for buying it!
    (no more room in the garage!) :dizzy:

7. nate1422

nate1422 LawnSite Member

JD X475 or any lawn/garden tractor. I am doing larger lots so I wouldn't even think of walking it. I agree, a 4 wheeler would be fun but I would go too fast. I have heard of people pulling with ZTRs.

8. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

we use our ZTRS i use a 44 " lazer 20 hp usually becuase it fits thru the samll back yard gates and its zero turn is a plus, all out ztr's have hitches on them, the best 50 bucks we ever spent. Just ck with dealer on hitch accessory for your mower

9. percadae

percadae LawnSite Member

Id pull the aerator with a mower so you can kill 2 birds with one stone. that sounds like a good price if it was reconditioned