Bluebird Power rake question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vikings, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I bought a Bluebird Power rake last year, a p18 model.

So today I see a guy power raking with a grass catcher on his power rake. So I asked some questions and it turns out you need the p22 model to attatch a bag, so I'm wondering (my dealers are closed right now) if my power rake can be modded to allow a bag to fit?

and how ofcourse.

When I bought my power rake from a certain dealer ship (biggest in town) last year they told me the bags don't work and take 4 man hours to install but the guy I actually seen working today was doing such a great job. I bought a friken lawn vacuum to use of the thatch and it turns out you don't need to do that if you have a bagger.

2. TomB

TomB LawnSite Member

The bagger kit only works on the P22 models. They work so so depending on the conditions you are power raking in. I think at best you pick up about 60-70% of what comes up.

As far as installation time. I'ts more like an hour to an hour and a half.

3. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Thanks, even though its bad news.

I think I will buy a husqavarna with a bag and use my lawn vac to follow the bluebird.

I was going to buy a push blower but I've cooled on that idea, I just want to get rid of hand raking and be efficient as possible.

4. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Tom B was right. They only bag so so. Husqvaran/Bluebird is about to release an "improved performance" bagging kit. It contains a modified baffle/discharge chute. You might want to wait a while. I'd hate to see you get an old kit and be disapointed with the performance. It should be available in the field by mid June.

Q