1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bluetooth Headset?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by RedWingsDet, Jan 24, 2008.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

What is a good bluetooth headset?
    I have a nextel phone and I want/need a headset. I am looking for something that is comfortable but also can hear the person and they can hear me when operating equipment. Thanks.
  2. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

You won't find one. I have a wired one from Shure that works really good. I hear the phone ring and people hear me talk when Im mowing.

Now, that being said, the best bluetooth headset I have found is the Jawbone. I use it and it works good in noisy environments for THEM to hear ME, but.....none of them are loud enough to allow you to hear them without turning off the mower.

With the wired headset from shure, it acts as your hearing protection too, offering better noise reduction than the foam earplugs.

Trust me on this, I have looked for years.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never had luck with the bluetooth headsets...people hear the background noise ,they slipout etc... I would try a wired one and run the cord up your back under your shirt so it stays out of the way .