Bluetooth skid steer buckets???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Fieldman12, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone heard of these buckets? If so, are they any good and how much is a 72" low profile with the removable edge?

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

A bluetooth skid steer bucket? I knew they had bluetooth phones, keyboard, mouses and printers, but i did not know they were making bluetooth buckets!!

Its a great idea!

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Never heard of them......are they offered on ebay or made in China?

4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I googled and looked through 15 or so pages and found nothing......but I'm thinking MRusk is onto something here.....can you call that bucket up and will it go do the work for you without being attached to the skid?

5. Fieldman12

LOL, no it won't do all that. When I bought my skid the deal was that he would find me a low profile bucket for mine since mine came with just a regular bucket with a back I could not see over. I wanted the low profile bucket so I could see the edge of the bucket. Well he has not had any Deeres traded in since I bought mine. He called today and said he had just become a Bluetooth dealer today and said he would see what he had in one and call me back. Im not sure if I will go the new route because he was suppose to find me a good used one and two I never heard of Bluetooth. If I decide to take the bucket how much should he knock of the price of the bucket? The Deere 250 Series II just tuned three years old and had just a regular bucket on it which is what he should be giving me credit for. The bucket was hardly used.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The name is most likely not Blue Tooth but rather Blue Diamond buckets. I have seen them at some auctions. They look fine, they don't look to be that heavy duty of a bucket. I doubt that you will be tearing up a bucket with a machine the size of a JD 250. I have not used one nor do I know anyone that has. I just started hearing about them over the last couple of years. They may not have been around that long or are just now going nationwide.

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

My first thought was some sort of wireless blue tooth laser receiver mounted to the bucket that talks to a unit inside the cab.

Not a bad idea really.

8. Fieldman12

I have heard of Blue Diamond before. Maybe I heard him wrong. I had several things going on when he called so I will get the details when he calls back with better info.

9. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Imagine the possiblities with a blue tooth bucket! If you were working on a patio in the backyard you would not longer need to worry about tearing the grass up. Just sit the driveway next to the stone pile and send the bucket back and forth!

10. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Personal here a regular bucket is useless. I would give you 200.00 on trade and stick it on a trade in machine I was sending to auction.