Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by THIESSENS TLC, Jul 15, 2012.

1. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Just a quick question for you guys, just picked up a bluetooth for driving for $18 bucks. Do any of you guys that have one wear it while mowing so you dont miss any calls on the job?

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I have blue tooth in the truck. I do not want the phone to slow me down when working.

3. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

I wear a stereo bluetooth from the time I leave my house in the morning until the time I get home in the evening. Most of the time, I have music playing through it until I get a call. Music cuts out when I get an incoming call, and I know to check the phone to see who it is, or if it's someone I can ignore.

4. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Tried wearing one for a while, it bothers my ears to have the "bud" style in for extended periods of time. I leave my phone in the truck and return calls on the vehicle Bluetooth while driving between properties.

5. THIESSENS TLC

thanks for the replies guys!

6. Mowingkid35

Mowingkid35 LawnSite Senior Member

I know that here in mn, the minute i hook up to my trailer with my truck i have to have a bluetooth in my ear because it is illegal for us to drive with a trailer and talk on the phone without a hands free device

7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I miss tons of calls while mowing (If I am), but I just figure that I can call them back. Most people seem to be ok with that.

8. THIESSENS TLC

whether were towing or not...we have to have hands free.

i guess if people are ok with that, i just dont want them calling someone else asking for a quote when they could be asking me. some people are impatient about finding a mowing service around here.

9. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Get a phone service, or just say we are in the field helping clients, your call is important and will return as soon as possible.

People are pretty used to VM systems these days.

I actually would rather leave a VM than get the drill from a phone service.

10. dahammer

dahammer LawnSite Member

I've been considering trying the Jaybird JF3 Freedom headphones. They are sweatproof and work with the iPhone for calls. Anyone tried them?