BlueYellow

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by cadsystems, May 9, 2007.

1. cadsystems

cadsystems LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever used BlueYellow before? For some reason I thought it made more sense to use this product instead of buying seed/fertilizer/straw. I thought I only needed 6 few rolls since I was only doing my front yard that was regraded but it ended up taking 10 rolls in total. We are watering it and after I did some calculations I could have just used SOD, but was warned against SOD since we do not have water sprinklers. Let me know if we made a mistake by using this product?

Thanks
    JL

2. cadsystems

So far, I'm impressed. We had Germination on day 6, today it has germinated abou 85% of what we laid down. There are still a couple of spots that we are waiting on. It looks like a 5 o'clock shadow about right now. We're still watering 3 times a day and we had a "gully washer" saturday night, I woke up expecting to see it all washed away but it held pretty well. There were some drainage areas that eroded the product a little but all in all it held together pretty well. We are supposed to get another rain tomorrow, hopefull that will help it a bit more, because I've notice regular water from the tap is not as nutrituous as rain water. I'll keep those interested updated, so far I haven't heard from anyone on here if they have had any experience with the product. My coworker said his neighbor used it and he had a nice lawn by week 3. I hope our temps hold out for a couple of more weeks so the grass can get a good hold before it gets too hot.

3. cadsystems

Week 2, still looking good. There are 2 rows that are still a little slower than the rest, but it looks like it's working. Watering 3 times a day still. I can't wait until full lawn is back and I can go back to watering twice a day.

4. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Pictures would be nice since I have no idea what Blue yellow is.

5. cadsystems

Here is the website for the product, I will post my pics when I get them off my camera, check back tomorrow and I should have some posted. I have the different phases of my project this is week 2 1/2 hopefully by week 6 if the heat stays away I can show the final result. The grass looks farely good at this point, it needs to fill in a bit and the 2 rows that are slow to germinate need to catch up.

http://www.blueyellowhome.com/all_about_blueyellow.php

6. cadsystems

This is what I have from Week 1. I'll get some shots of Week 2 1/2 this afternoon from the same location. Maybe some other locations.

FrontYard 001.jpg

7. cadsystems

Here is week 2 pictures.

FrontYard 001 (Small).jpg

FrontYard 003 (Small).jpg