BM's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Barge Man, Dec 1, 2009.

1. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

hmmm. i would have hung the tires back on the wall for the customer. I imagine you could have had a good laugh when you saw their faces! :)

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I never seen sheet pile that small before. It is also odd seeing the shorline like that not something I'am used to seeing.

3. jg244888

jg244888 LawnSite Senior Member

How do you get those wall pannels in?

4. Barge Man

Barge Man LawnSite Senior Member

We use a vibratory hammer to drive them, Those were 8ft sheets

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Looks nice and clean. You just use a hoe-pack to put them in?

I can't imagine our DNR would go for that.

6. Barge Man

Yep a bobcat plate compactor, Why dont you think they would like it?:confused:
    It comes in 24ft sheets and we cut to size

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Sheet pile is used here from time to time but it is driven with a driver that grips the top of the sheet and vibes it in. The stuff is alot more enviormentally friendly than treated timbers.

8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Because it isn't 'natural'. They have a fit when people clear out all the way to the water, it's ridiculous. You can't even do 'boulderscaping' because that is 'landscaping'. Sorry I get wound up on this as I have lost a lot of potential work because of the DNR/Zoning.:mad:

9. Barge Man

Our DNR is pretty cool about doing seawall work, since they have to dredge the lakes it makes sense for them to allow people protect their shoreline from erosion. We still have to get permits from the township and DNR

10. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Here they favor rip rap( large rocks) over sea walls because the boat waves just bounce off of the sea walls and the rip rap helps dissipate the energy.