BM's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Barge Man, Dec 1, 2009.

1. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh here we go again. GR puffing out his chest and swapping my d*c* is bigger and better than yours stories.
  2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I'am not comparing anything.

Just a totally different ballgame when your working in deeper water that can be rougher. Here you can't use a plate compactor on a excavator to drive piles be it sheet or poles. You have lots of enviromental issues like sea life on the beach/shore your working on. There is lots of rules and regulations you have to get approval from Fisheries Canada before you can do anything.

Being salt water bodies you have tides to contend with you have to work with them. You may have to wait for hours for the tide to be high enough to get the barge into the place you want to work. You have currents to deal with the place your working at may have a 4 knot current that you have to fight. The wind can whip up and cause you problems.

The water can be rough and the barge is pitching and rolling making it tough to stand up and your trying to hook up chains etc for lifting.

Other things you have to watch out for is poly ropes sling shotting. A 1 1/4 inch poly rope can let go and snap your neck or break your ribs.

Real easy for a load to shift on a barge and capsize it which happens in seconds.

Lots of stuff you need to know and watch out for when you work in the marine industry on the West Coast.
  3. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

your family sure does do alot of things:
    welding and repair
    now marine work?

I am not believing this, if they did they were nothing but a bunch of laborers that simply kept switching jobs..

you want a freakin cookie? Cause honestly, you act like we give a dam!
  5. Gravel Rat

Junior this isn't some hick town where you live where people have missing teeth strumming a banjo on the front porch.

On the West Coast of B.C. this is resource industry country you do everything.

Lets just say Junior you wouldn't last 5 minutes around here for one you have no experience on heavy equipment I guess you class a 3 ton mini excavator as a heavy excavator. You can't use a chainsaw your scared to use one. Some of the logging equipment I have been around can lift your house off its foundation.

So Junior keep pretending to be a wanna be brush cutting company I can get you a job working for a thinning company you useless little azz would be done in a hour.

I think Bargeman should keep posting the pictures of the jobs he does. If he wants the real experience of marine construction and big barges and tugboats with power come to the West Coast. It will be a big eye opener when your dealing with fast paced conditions.
  6. DeereMan85

DeereMan85 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Arrogance and ignorance are a bad combination.

A guy who knows as much and works as hard as you claim to should have no problem finding work. Instead you have a government job and live with your mom. Get off your high horse.
  7. Tyler5652

Tyler5652 LawnSite Member

When you gonna stop your bitc**** gravel, do you see junior out whining that he has no work? no you dont so he must be doing something right unlike someone who claims can do anything with the most daring conditions. if you or your family can do all this work under the so called dangerous circumstance why the hell cant you get out and find work?
  8. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

Unless you have seen him operate a piece of equipment, as in stand there next to him and watch him, how in the hell can you make an assumption on someone's operating skills? So what if he's 16-17, I know guys that age that have been running stuff since they were 8 and could give Dirtman a run for his money. For all you know I could be the best equipment operator on the friggin earth, I've never used a chain saw either does that make me a "scared useless ass?" Unless you have seen someone work, you got balls to come on here and criticize them and their work ethic without seeing it first hand.

Nice pics Barge Man keep 'em coming.
  9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I dont know where you get some toothless banjo strumming town BS from. We're built around the construction/excavation/logging industry. We're just a typical southern small town, same ol' guys at the diner every morning at the sametime. Small companies are everywhere, family's are tight and things are built on generations around here.

No experience on equipment? Are you freakin kidding me? I've been around equipment for as long as I can remember, so what, 12 years? I classify a 330 big, 320 is typical around here.

What really pisses me off, I am scared to use a chainsaw? I only worked for a tree company, so yeah, that must make me afraid of a chainsaw.. :rolleyes:

Atleast I have goals in my life, I dont plan on driving a plain jane work truck and living in my parents house until I am 30 like you. I wanna make something of my life, and I am dam sure going to do it. Things have taken a turn in the last week, but I've still got the same goals in mind, they'll just be later on in life. I need a steady job as of now, and a trade that is always going to be around and thats what I got.

as far as useless, you want the number to some of the people I've worked for? I got 3 right now that you can call (if you can afford it, I know money is tight up there!) to find out how useless I really am.

GR, if you wanna talk tough, come down in July or august, I guarantee you cant hang with us flatlanders! You'll be gettin your fat lazy ass back to bumf#ck, BC right quick..

Have yall noticed how everything GR does or is done in his little part of the world is bigger and better than everywhere else?
  10. Gravel Rat

Anybody in the industries that I can work in are slow to no work. The unemployment rate in this area is probably pushing 9%.

Talking to a longer time resident yesterday she said I'am lucky that I got a gov't job with the un-employment around here being so high and its not improving.