BM's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Barge Man, Dec 1, 2009.

1. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice machine BM! that thumb and coupler look new, will you make your barge bigger and take that sucker on the water?

2. Barge Man

Barge Man LawnSite Senior Member

nedly It will work on our current barge now but i wouldent be able to haul that much extra material. I am looking at some old barges around the area that I would like to turn into small truckable hopper barges so i could start traveling and doing dredge projects.

We are going to try to start moving rock today but it is 24 outside now and frozen in front of my place, so we will see. I hope to take pictures of this job from start to finish.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Those Cat 330's are nice, but they are high maintenance, change the final drives oil every 1000 hours or you will notice something very, very wrong.

4. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

I know what you mean by 24 degrees, we've had an unusually mild and long fall, then saturday it decided to be winter, so now its cold and snowy! Looking forward to seeing the pics of your job!

5. Barge Man

Thanks bobcat ron it is a 330DL which they did some upgrades from the C series but i still plan on changing them every 1000hrs

6. Barge Man

Well we finally got started with this state project today it was a brisk 25 degrees, had to move the dozer in and move the barge across the lake before we could get started. The other pictures are of us loading the barge for the first time for this project.

phone 3 032.jpg

phone 3 034.jpg

phone 3 036.jpg

phone 3 038.jpg

phone 3 039.jpg

7. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Man, you sure you wont need some full time help this summer? I can run everything you got but the dozer! And I've got a drivers license!

:laugh:

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Do you know how to swim or are you going to need to wear a pair of water wings :laugh:

Your lucky Junior that is a lake its not the salt water where I live and you have 3 to 8 foot waves.

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I can swim, spent alot of time on the water.

And GR, whether you fail to realize it, 4 or 5ft waves are smooth on the atlantic, atleast off the coast of SC. And you wouldnt believe some of the rough water we've fished, on lakes!

10. Barge Man

Here are the rest from the day, and the last is on our way back from our last load.

Hey junior you wouldnÂ’t want to work with me in the summer, you would have to look at all the girls in their bikini, I love working weekends in the summer:clapping:

phone 3 040.jpg

phone 3 042.jpg

phone 3 043.jpg

phone 3 045.jpg

phone 3 046.jpg