boadleaf Plantain control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Marek13, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Marek13

Marek13 LawnSite Member

Hi guys,
    I have 3 acct that have plantain problems. Was wondering which product you guys use and recommend I am trying to figure out way to kill them with out damaging lawn too much and overseed bare spots -client don't want to wait till fall.
    Much appreciate any input
    Thanks
    :confused:

2. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

A product like trimec, three - way, 2 4-d will work fine. Put it in a backpack sprayer 4oz to one gallon and coat litely you will do fine. Make sure your licensed to do it first though.

3. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

How about some aeration, plantain is a sign of compacted soil.

4. Marek13

Marek13 LawnSite Member

Aeration is the next in line -2 of them are new this year and they didn't want to pony up extra $ for the service in the spring now they want to because they see the consequences. The third one I was only contracted for cut and he had another CO handling fertilizer and lawn conditioning. (he choose them because they were like 30 $ per visit and I wasn’t gonna lowball and just watched his lawn going down as they were skimping on everything from regular apps to weed control to aeration. So finally the guy came to his senses