1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Board of directors

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnmogul, Jul 13, 2008.

1. lawnmogul

lawnmogul LawnSite Member
    from DFW

I have just assembled a board of directors to guide my lawn care and landscaping company.All it cost me is taking care of their lawns to have years and years of wisdom at my fingertips.
  2. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

3. whatever floats your boat, good luck.
  4. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

While I'm sure they have a plethora of business knowledge, how much of it it transferable to (what I assume is a) small service based business.
  5. lawnmogul

from DFW

Well i guess it has to do with how you see yourself are you in the lawn care business or property enhancement business one creates a job the other creates a business with many arms.
  6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

hmmm! seems to me like they suckered you into cutting thier grass for free!
  7. lawnmogul

from DFW

Yeah i guess they did seeing how they sent me 10 customers in 2 days guess i got suckered kajun.
  8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Is this the same group that helped you get into auto detailing and selling meat door to door? How do you find the time anyway?
  9. lawnmogul

from DFW

Not worth answering waste of valuable time
  10. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Can you give us a brief rundown of their business experience? How many are on the board? I see value to this but there has to be some real thought put into it and have a meeting and be taken seriously by the participants. How often do you have meetings?