BOB-CAT 36" Check list

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scagman, Mar 14, 2002.

1. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought a Ransomes bobcat 36" gear drive. It was the one on ebay if anyone saw it. It has 210 hrs on the tiny tac. It has a 14 kawasaki, runs excellent. My question is what do I need to do maintenance wise? The guy said its been sitting for a year. here's my checklist.

- Oil & filter

- Air filter and spark plug

- Grease Zirk fittings

- check belts

- Sharpen blades
  2. Drain the gas and put in fresh and you're set.

What happend to the Exmark?
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Check air pressure in the tires.
    Take off the cover on the motor and clean. Allow the air to cool the motor.
  4. scagman

Thanks for the replys guys, I bought a new truck & trailer this winter and didnt quite fit the Exmark into the budget. I probably could have, but then I would have benn penny pinchin. Girlfriend would not of been happy:( :( Ill do both the things you guys told me to, thanks
  5. TOSLC

TOSLC LawnSite Member

You might also check the tightness of the engine mounting bolts. After some running they can vibrate loose. You see it more in the cheaper mowers without locking fasteners and rubber dampners. Nevertheless I still check mine on the Exmarks. It only takes few minutes.
  6. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Drop the bowl on the carberator, check for slimey varnish , clean out.
  7. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious, what was your winning bid?
  8. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

I would drain the gas tank and put a new fuel filter inline. Also, if the fuel line looks like it is drying out or cracking, I would replace it at the same time. By the way, that's a nice mower, congrats!!
  9. scagman

Thanks for all the replys, ill check all the above. The winning bid was $510.00, best deal ive ever got. This mower is in excellent condition. Has the 14 hp Kawasaki with ACR.