Bob-Cat = bargain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

After I finished up this afternoon, I was close by the local Kubota dealer so I thought I would swing by to see if a ZD28 w/60" pro deck had came in yet. Well it had not, but the dealer now has several new Bob-Cats in.

I looked at a price tag on one out of curiosity and to my surprise it read $6,995. Now get this, the tag was attached to a ZT-223, which is a 23hp Kawi unit. This one had a 61" deck, suspension seat and a canister air filter on the Kawi.

Compared to my Kees, the deck looked rather shallow, and with the 23/61 combo it might be a tad weak, but otherwise it seemed to be a very nice package for the money.

I just thought I would post this for those that might be looking for a nice package at a bargain price v/s other brands. If you are searching for that fall season bargain, you might want to take one for a spin to see how it does.

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

The 23 is not underpowered AT ALL. Also depends on what your cutting. But for us southern boys cutting Fescue, rye & Bermuda it is a nice combo.

3. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

those of us that has work in the construction bussiness knows bobcat is a very good brand

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

My dealer is offering a Ferris 1000Z (no independent suspension) with a 23 hp kawi, 61 inch deck for $6100. Not too shabby IMO...

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

My first ZTR was a Bobcat. It was a great machine , and even back in 96, when I bought it, it was priced well below other brands. That was one tough, dependable machine. If we still had any dealers around here, I would still be running bobcats.
    dougmartin2003, Bobcat mowers are not made by the same company as Bobcat construction machinery. They are tough machines though.:)

6. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Mowingman is right. Ingersoll Rand - Bobcat is not the same at Textron - Bobcat.

Bunton Guy is also right. The 23hp Kaw has more than enough power for that machine. Personally I would have gone with the Kohler, but that too is a matter of personal preference.

B

7. Spend the extra money get the Lazer, well worth the extra money. 27hp on a 60" deck means more cutting done in the spring.

Time = money.

8. chariot1964

chariot1964 LawnSite Member

I agree bobcat is a good mower, I have a 48" wb with 15 kawi
    that is a stronger cutting mower than my 52" GD chariot ztr

9. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

i have a 2002 bobcat 54" with an 18 briggs and I am totally impressed and pleased with it....Never buy another machine again!!!

10. Say that after you run a Lazer.