Bob Cat, Boss Vac Collection system?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMower, Mar 8, 2007.

1. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I'm about to put in an order tomorrow for The Bob Cat Predator Pro with the 33 horse Generic engine. I see a few people on here that have them and like them. Im still trying deside on the 72 or 61 inch deck.

Im also going to order the new Bob Cat, Boss Vac Collection system, and only found one post on it. Dose anyone have one? There claiming to have 25% more wind speed then the closest competitor. Who's the closest competitor? Iv never seen other manufacturers comparing wind speed.

Anyway if anyone has any opinions, it would be much appreciated before I drop close to 10 or 11 grand.

Thank you

John

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Is the collection system even available for the 72" deck? We are a dealer for them and I honestly do not know. The website only lists them for 52" and 61" decks so I have no clue.

Just something to think about because I know the 72" deck is vastly different than the other decks on the ZT200 series.

3. LawnMower

wow, no body, somebody, anybody? Well I guess ill be the first guy to give an opinion on the Boss Vac when I buy it.

4. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I dont have the new boss vac but I have the older unit which to me looks almost the same both made by giant vac. I really like the 3 bag unit for the 61" it works great on leaves. I won't think twice to get another one, it really saves time on cleanups. If the new vac is stronger then the old one like they say you will like it. I don't know if they make it for the 72", but on a 61" or 52" it works very well. I'll be adding another vac this fall for my 52" so I'll find out myself in 6 months how the new boss vac works.

5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the 61" would be better then the 72" I've heard a lot of people that own the 72" complain about scalping the lawns and plus you have to have bigger trailers to haul the 72"plus like the others say I don't think they make the vac system for the 72".

6. LawnMower

Great advice on the 72 inch deck. I'm going with the 61 inch deck now.

I'm going to order the Boss Vac even if I don't get opinions. I have a protero vac system on my current Bob Cat Z. It plugs in dry conditions if the grass is lush and a little high. So I'm sure that the new Boss Vac will be better then what I have now. I have certain customers that want the grass picked up.

John

7. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

With the older unit I have on my bobcat, I only get in clogged if it's my fault. It does well in wet or dry leaves and grass. The only problem I have with clogging is if I fill it up completly then sometimes it clogs the pipe, but thats usually my fault because I try to squeeze in one more pass without dumping. I think it works good and it simple to maintain, built very well and can be taken on and off in about 5 mins once you know how to. Also don't remove the brackets off the mower that the 3 bagger sits on and the pulley that gets replaced on the deck it makes putting it on and off easier and faster.

8. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

You may want to ask....I had heard that they have a dump from the seat type of bagger in the works. Not sure if/when it will be available though. Our sales rep told us about it a while back and I still havent seen anything about it....

Just a thought if you arent going to pull the trigger for a while. Or maybe do not need the bagger right away.

9. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi,

When I got a vacuum system for my ZT-219 it was the "fast vac" by giant vac. Apparently giant vac makes these for for bobcat mowers? Anyways it ran me about 2 grand and it does a great job. For leaves it is great however we rarely bag except for fall because the 3 bag catcher is just to small.

Cheers
    Jeff

10. LawnMower

My protero is a dump from the seat bagger. Its great if you can dump on site. Most of the time I would dump the grass near the truck then use my Little Wonder 23 horse truck loader and blow the grass into my leaf box that I keep on all year.

Sucking the grass up and blowing it into the truck is an extra step I'm going to try and get away from. At least with the 3 bags I can dump it in the truck and not have to think about it again.