bob-cat demo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Robert T, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Robert T

Robert T LawnSite Member

I just spent about 8 hrs. on a bobcat zt219 19hp 52" deck.
    this is the first ztr i have ever operated, and i would like to know how other ztr's ride compared to this one. I think i need back surgery after the ride i had today! It also had very narrow rear tires. and i had to be very very carefull turning or it ripped up the grass, Would the wider tires like on Land pride's accu Z and exmark's Lazer Z help this? or is it just operator related? Next week end I have a land pride set up to demo. it has a susp. seat so hope it rides better!

Thanks for your time
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Tearing up turf with a ZTR is an operator thing mostly. You have to lern how to turn the machine, as they will all scuff the turf. Some tire treads are more agressive about tearing up turf however. I am familiar with many ZTR's, and my old Bobcat really had a pretty average ride compared to most others. I suspect your demo machine had overinflated tires for one thing. You will find that the big, fat, low profile tires will have a smoother ride as they carry less pressure. Get all the demoes you can. That is the best way to select the machine you want.:)