1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

BOB-CAT double blade kit?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TROTTMAN, Jul 20, 2003.

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone make a double blade kit for a 48" Bob-cat mower? Thanks.
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Not that I am aware of.

What's wrong with the 3 blades?

Just need better mulching. I am just seeing whats available. I need to make sure that there is a mulching kit first of all.
  4. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Bolt doubles up under it without mulch kit first,you might be satisfied with that.Just put them on like this ( + ) and tighten them down,mines never slipped on my 48" walk behind.:)

Does that mulch a lot better than when you just had 3 blades? I was thinking, with 6 gator blades it should mulch great lol. Will it hurt the quality of the cut on the lawn though? Seems like would cut exactly the same, but mulch better, but with less area for the grass to rise up, maybe not...
  6. Dixie chopper has one for $70, it should fit many other brands.

What all does that kit include? I bet it would work too.

Would it be better to stack the blades, or put one of the spacers in between so it cuts the grass high and low? Seems like it might be better just stacked really close to me though.
  8. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Just try them like this, and see how it works for you. We use the stock high-lift blades with Gators on top. Works great for us, no special "kit" to buy.
  9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Just bolt two of them up. I ran my 48 for years that way. Watch it, you'll get blowout from the front of the deck......Ugh, dusty!!!
  10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Have you tried simply using gators alone, without the mulch kit? I've used gators for side discharging all year. Yesterday I put my high lift offsets back on (razor sharp) and noticed clippings all over the place. I'm going to sharpen the gators and never look back again.