Bob Cat. Good and Bad please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lurch01, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Lurch01

Lurch01 LawnSite Member

I plan on buying 2 Bob cats in 10 days

2 Classic Pro Walk Behinds. one in 32 inch so I can get in the back yards and one 48 inch. I can walk out with both for $5,500.

What experience have you had with these please?

2. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

I can't really speak for the belt-driven Classic Pro models, but I do have a Bob-Cat hydro model with the Z-Controls, and I really like it. Now, I bought it near the end of last season, so it only has about 20 hours on it or so, so I can't speak about longetivity issues. The main reason I bought it was for the controls. But I believe it is the same deck that is on your Classic Pros, and I can tell you, I'm very happy with the way it cuts thick Bermuda (which is almost all we have here). And I haven't tried any blades other than the factory ones. Works for me. We'll see how it does in Spring growth pretty soon.

3. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

You will not be disappointed , I have a older 32in walk behind that still runs and cuts great , perfect for those small gated backyards. As far as the 48in goes you may want to look into a hydro unit which will be alot easier to handle then gear drive.

4. BadRancher

BadRancher LawnSite Fanatic

I have an older 48" belt drive. Its has a 14hp Kawi and is still kicking.

5. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Have a 48 Hydro. Cuts good and stripes nice. Clumps in wet and thick grass. Its for sale has less than 20hrs on it.