Bob-Cat mower experience?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevdmo, Jun 10, 2006.

1. stevdmo

stevdmo LawnSite Member

I have the opportunity to get an employee discount on a Bob-Cat mower since I am employed in a different division of Textron. In reading this forum I see very little mention of this brand. I am interested in the FastCat 36 zero turn for my half acre lot. I use a Toro self propelled now and dont really need it but might be tempted if the price is right. Is there something about the Bob-Cat brand that I dont know about to account for its apparent lack of popularity?

2. skurtz78

skurtz78 LawnSite Member

I bought a 48" belt drive this year and my only complaint on it is the front end is a little light. I dont know how it is with the other size or style mowers they make but going up hills i have to work a little to get the front end to stay down. The cut is good and little clumping in wet grass.

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

my 8 year old belt drive w/b has a great cut and leaves killer stripes with no stripe attachment. I would of looked into them more but the dealer isn't that great so I left them out.

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2003 Bob-Cat 48" belt drive WB mower, and I love it! It is built like a tank, is easy to use, and easy to maintain. It's relaible, and cuts and stripes very well!!!:cool2: I'd highly recommend a Bob-Cat is you're looking at getting a fastcat 36!:weightlifter:

5. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

Guess it's all in where you live. Here in my part of town seems like every dealer is a Bob Cat and some other brand. Nothing but good things on that brand