bob-cat mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lukemus53, Jul 28, 2002.

1. lukemus53

lukemus53 LawnSite Member
    from 28071

you guys never say anything about a bob-cat mower.they are quite popular in my part of the country.i've got a 2000 model ,52 " with a 23 horse kawasaki with over 200 hours and love it. i use a peco system and i couldn't ask for anything better.any more praise out there for bob-cat?

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I had a Bobcat, 60" ZTR for 6 years. Just sold it this spring and hated to see it go. Local dealer quit selling them and was not going to stock parts. Anything needed would have to be ordered, so I decided it was time to replace it. It was a great mower. Never had a breakdown in all the time I had it. Built like a tank, very reliable,& good cut. Only problem, it was a little slow compared to todays faster ZTR's. I really miss that machine.:(

3. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I've got one thats 20 years old and still going strong. And it is tough as hell, I know cause I put it through hell everyday!

4. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a Bob-Cat walkbehind and it's a great machine, very tough and easy to work on. It cuts very good rain or shine. The only problem is, I'm having a problem getting parts in a timely manner (5 days is timely imop). I had to wait 5 weeks for a non essential part. It's either the factory or the distributor (Carswell), they don't understand how important the customer relationship is. Oh well, I guess I could have a bad machine and excellent service.

5. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Bobcat 36" and also had a 48" WBa few years back. I love the quality of cut. And the roller bearing thumb locks are much smoother that the Scag.

jeffyr

6. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I'm on my 3rd Bobcat 48 wb. this one is a hydro and delivers the awsome cut, and go anywhere that the variable speeds wished they had.
    My first had a Honda flathead 11hp.
    My memory tells me that motor was a pulling fool, seemed like the deeper the grass the better it worked.
    I also had a zt200 a real solid dependable machine. Again Textron likes to use lots of middle men so it takes forever to get parts and no one makes any real money.
    My zt didn't cut the greatest in thick grass, was prone to scalping and with lots of hills around here, wasn't the greatest match for my business.
    I did miss it this spring on my flat lawns though.
    You can't have everything....

7. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

HEY GUYS HERE IS A PLACE WHERE THEY SELL PARTS FOR BOB-CAT RANSOMES MOWERS THEY ARE VERY FAST WITH SHIPPING OUT PARTS UNLIKE CARSWELL (I'M STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO CALL BE BACK THREE WEEKS LATER)

EBYS LAWN AND GARDEN

1-301-733-4148 THEY ALSO HAVE A WEB SITE THAT IS THE SAME AS THEIR NAME. I HAVE A BOB-CAT RANSOMES MOWER AND NEEDED A MOTOR TO DECK BELT NO ONE COULD GET ME ONE THESE GUYS HAD IT AT MY HOUSE THE NEXT DAY. GREAT PEOPLE AND SERVICE. BY THE WAY THEY ARE IN MARYLAND BUT SHIP ANYWHERE. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.:blob4:

BY THE WAY I LOVE MY BOB-CAT IT STRIPES GREAT AND I HAVE NEVER NEVER NEVER BEEN ABLE TO CHOKE IT OUT.

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

never used a bobcat z . but i see what boys usin them do here. i think its pretty good machine.

9. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: hey guys i have 10 bobcats and love everyone of them, the 61" hydro walkbehind are awesome, great cut and very reliable. the ztr is just as nice, 3500 hours and the only thing i had to do was replace the kohler 25hp command and that lasted almost 3000 hrs. no complaints here.

10. VLM

VLM LawnSite Member

I have a 36" Bobcat also and it is a pretty good machine. My only complaint would be the gear shifter, which doesn't have slots for each gear. You have to make an extra effort to put it in just the right place or else it slips out of gear and you go flying over the top.