Bob-Cat sold to Little Wonder?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Sep 13, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I was up at my dealer today, there was a guy up there telling the owner (of the dealer) and me that Little Wonder bought Bob-Cat, Bunton, and this true? He also told me (and the dealer) that Little Wonder is planning to stop the Bob-Cat line of mowers :cry: . I find this to be a real shame, I love my Bob-Cat's features, performance, and durability, it'd be a real shame to see Little Wonder stop making a mower line that's been around for over 20 years. Why would Little Wonder buy Bob-Cat, Bunton, and Jacobsen, just to stop making their machines? Someone tell me that Little Wonder isn't really going to stop the Bob-Cat line!:cry: The dealer knew Bob-Cat, Bunton and Jacobsen had been sold to Little Wonder, but he didn't know they were planning to stop the line. I really hope Little Wonder will keep Bob-Cat, and expand on the line! What have you guys heard? I Love my Bob-Cat and Little Wonder equipment, it'd be a real shame to see Little Wonder stopping the Bob-Cat line...hopefully they'll keep the Bob-Cat line, and maybe even improve on it!

2. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

That would stink. I love my bobcats also. Ill ask my dealer and try to get some info.
  3. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

Why would they dissolve the Bobcat brand? That would be like you buying out another LCO and dropping all of their clients. Where there may be change is in distribution and the way they come to market. It would be very surprising if they dropped the line
  4. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Yes that would suck, I to am a proud bobcat owner and have had absolutely NO problems with them. But, like Extoro said, something is wrong with this picture. I question if what that guy said was true or just a rumor, you know you can only believe half of what you hear.
  5. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

no it's more like buying a lco and getting rid of all equipment and employees. they are buying out the competition.
  6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

dosnt make sence. little wonder isnt that big a company to buy those big guys out
  7. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

This purchase could F-up both brands.

Little Wonder is a small company in comparison to Jacobsen and might not be able to keep up and compete with the "big boys" now.

The word on the street is that the Bunton name will be gone not Bob-Cat
  8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Yes, it is true, Little Wonder bought all the lawn equipment brands formerly owned by Textron. Except, for the Jacobson golf course maint. equipment. This includes Bobact, Bunton, Ransomes, and Ryan equipment.
    They also bought one or two factories where this stuff is made. I think you will see the same machines, but, they might consolidate it all under one name.
    It seems that the commercial lawn equipment was not turning a big enough profit to satisfy a big company like Textron.
  9. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone else hear anything on this subject?
  10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY