Bob-cat Vs. Lazer-Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JML, Apr 3, 2000.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

I hear many of you swearing by Lazer's. I haven't seen to many in my area (N.J.). I am looking to buy a new ZTR. I don't know whether to purchase a Bob-cat or Lazer. I have a demo scheduled for both of them next week so I can compare them side by side. If you have any experience with any of these please let me know. Thanks<p>joe
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i have never used a bobcat ztr but i have the toro z master wich is a lazer with a toro deck and i couldnt be happier with it! best quality of cut in the market!
  3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

hey JML where in nj are you? I'm also from Nj
  4. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

hey joe-<br>I bought a bobcat last week; I've demo-ed them before & lovee them. Also please do a search for 'favorite mower', 'exmark','bobcat', etc. over the past 30-40 days. The bobcat has some engineering advantages over the exmark, & usually are cheaper. <br>Demo them both & decide for yourself; just make sure you get good service!<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>
  5. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used them both. You can't go wrong with either. I like the 23hp Kaw on the Bobcat and I like the vertical shaft engine with the flat belt arrangement, too. The Lazer may mow a little nicer in long grass with their super deep deck.
  6. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

What ever you buy get a kawasaki not kohler lot of headaches with them
  7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I took my Dixie to a friend today so he and his Uncles could take a look at it and compare it to the Lazer they had already demo'd. One trip around the property and they were all sold on the Chopper's performance, quality of cut, speed, and smooth ride. I will be hitting my dealer up for a new set of blades if they buy.<p>Check out the Chopper before you buy anything, then decide!<p>Homer