Bob-Cat ZT 219

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Oct 4, 2002.

?

How do you owners rate this machine overall?

1. Great

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Fair

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. poor

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Very Poor

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I found it odd, but my local John Deere Dealer recommended this unit over his more pricey John Deere line. He priced it a $5,300 which sounds pretty good to me.

What's your thoughts on this?

2. Envy Lawn Service

Not one Bob-Cat owner on here?

3. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Ihave the 218 es and i love it!! I had a toro dealer recomend it to me!:blob4: :blob3:

4. lukemus53

lukemus53 LawnSite Member
    from 28071

i have a 52 inch bobcat with a 23 kaw.i have 230 trouble free hours, run double blades and believe bob-cats are built like tanks!

5. Envy Lawn Service

Lukemus53,

You run doubles, so how's the blowout? Some of the decks aren't baffled in front. What about cut quality? Sidehilling ability?

Do any of you mulch with these at all? I haven't been able to see a mulch kit 1st hand but the pic in the brochure makes it look a little flimsy as far as the baffles go.

What's this 3-2-1 warrenty deal about? I though all commercial power units were warrented atleast 2 years.

I hope there is more than 2 outta all of you that own Bob-Cat ZTR's.

Thanks for any input!

6. onboard2

onboard2 LawnSite Member

I have a Bobcat 223 ZTR. I've got about 200 hrs and no troubles.
    Everybody in this forum has their favorites but for the money and the cut quality Bobcat cant be beat, IMHO

7. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

We have a ZT219, with a little more than a 1000 hours on it. I loved the machine up untill about now. Both hyrdo pumps went. We replaced two or three pulleys and a bunch of other misc. stuff. I used to love it, and the frame,deck and etc. is built like a tank but the rest of the machine is falling apart around...

8. Envy Lawn Service

JML,

Do you recall who makes there hydro pumps and stuff? I try to pay close attention to who makes the individual parts. This may be a brand to avoid. Then again, Bob-Cat could use the same gear as others do.

THANKS

I really gotta get off here and back out to work!:waving: